How to Use the Library
Terms and conditions
Library opening hours:
Fees of library use:
- Daily pass: 500 HUF
- Annual pass: 2000 HUF
- Reduced annual pass: 1000 HUF
Those eligible for the reduced pass are: students, old age pensioners, and teachers. A card or certificate proving eligibility must be produced upon the purchase of a reduced pass. Free pass: for those over 70 years of age; employees of other libraries, museum institutions, and archives.
Replacement of lost pass: 500 HUF
Photocopying and scanning of the library’s volumes can be ordered in the reading room, although this cannot be done with certain museum pieces that could be damaged, and photocopying of books published before 1950 and protected books is prohibited.
Fees of library services:
|b&w photocopying, A/4:||30 HUF/page|
|b&w photocopying, A/3:||60 HUF/page|
|printing, A/4:||30 HUF/page|
|scanning, A/4:||40 HUF/page|
|taking photographs with your own camera:||500 HUF/day|
|computer reference service:||5000 HUF/PC hour/in cash|
|6500 HUF/PC hour/by transfer|
Rules of library use:
Although the Library of the Ferenc Hopp Museum of Asian Arts is not a lending library, it satisfies researcher requests within the framework of interlibrary loans. Registered readers can use the library’s documents in the reading room catering to six readers at a time.
Visitors can use an open-access library in the reading room: the volumes found here can be freely taken off the shelves but must be returned to the reader desk or left on the tables. The greater part of the book holdings is located in the library’s storage. These books can be sought in the online catalogue, or found with the assistance of the library attendant, and requested by filling in a book request form or from the librarian placed in charge of the reading service. The requested volumes are generally delivered to readers from the storage within half an hour. The books must be handed back to the reader service desk at all times. Requests can be made up to one hour before the reader desk closes. Books requested from the library storage – a maximum of five books – can be reserved for a maximum period of a week. Reserved books are returned to the storage past this duration. Free-access books cannot be reserved.
- Bags and coats must not be taken to the readers’ work desks. Cloak room use is mandatory and free of charge. The library is not liable for valuables left in the cloakroom.
- Food must not be taken into the reading room.
- Smoking is not allowed in the entire area of the library.
- Please do not use your mobile phone in the reading room.
- Advertisements, announcements and other notices can only be placed with permission granted by the head of the institution.
- The documents and objects of the library must be handled with care.
- Violating the rules and regulations of the library and its use may lead to temporary or permanent barring of access to the library’s services.
- Visitors can turn to the librarian on duty with any complaints and suggestions; these will be noted down in a book of comments reserved for this purpose.
- Library users can initiate the amendment of the terms and conditions of library use.